Kurkure Festive Masti Chilly Saucy Flavour Review

Snacking is my one indulgence. Especially if I do not have any protein in my meal on a particular day, I notice I want to stuff my mouth with something spicy or sweet depending on the mood.
I usually reach for Kurkure, not very often, if I do want something which doesn't take time to prepare. I know, I know I get told off so many times for eating it but it's made from rice meal and it's my one indulgence. I usually get the tomato flavour or the Yummy Cheese puff corn flavour which is what I like best.
But this new festival launch and it's attractive blue packaging made me just want to grab it.
It looks like any other kurkure would. On first bite, it's the usual crunchy, teeth-dig-into cheese puff but as you eat into it, you get this sudden sour and spicy, almost uncooked and not blended flavour. I did not want to eat more but I had to just try it, and so I munched a few more and decided I did not like it at all. I hope it's a limited edition as this just does not taste good enough. There were other varieties like Chilli Garlic which maybe better. This was so sour like vinegary sour? I am not sure. Not to my taste. I do like a little bit of sour taste in my snacks but this I couldn't tolerate.
Even though my experience with this flavour was not good I would buy the smaller packaged versions like Chilli Mustard and Chilli Garlic just know what it tastes like. 
I am not a fan of the Hyderabadi green chilli flavour either. Till date, I like the Yummy Cheese, Masala Munch and Tomato.
Do  you like snacking? What are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below.

One thing I really, really loved about it is the packaging. It's such a lovely colour and illustration! The phataka, puljhari all look so festive and pretty.
Maybe they could use it for some other flavour.
Taste rating: 1/5 for me. You may like it if you are into really sour and tangy foods.

Share:

8 comments

  1. hmmm... i need to look out for these new flavours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do let me know if you liked any of the others :)

      Delete
  2. I'm Not Into Sour Flavours At All :-/

    The Colour Is Really Uplifting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Heena. Then you won't like this because I do like a bit of sour but this was not what I had in mind.

      Delete
  3. i am a die heart fan of Kurkure... puff corn is to die for and masala munch is my all time fav!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are, that's good to know. So puff corn is your favourite too. I am so addicted, I need my family's claws to get me away from it.

      Delete
  4. I am not really a fan of Kurkure. Also, I keep seeing it in news saying it has plstic content in it and what not. Dunno what to believe anymore. Anyways, I got to agree too that this packaging of theirs, that I have never seen before, looks very festive and nice.. Sad that it didn't taste as good as it's package looked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have it from time to time but then it did start to taste a weird plastick-y and stopped. But i do cave in from time to time. This product is not available anymore, was introduced around Diwali time. thanks, Naz

      Delete